May 26th, 2016 saw the third instalment of The Big Show, our end of round event where we celebrate community change-making and announce who is getting what. And celebrate we did! We are pleased to announce the results of Round Three:
- CFRU Mobile Studio will be receiving $6,000 cash from The City of Guelph
- Creating Communities of Difference will receive $3,500 cash from The City of Guelph
- Food Survival Squad will get an Innovation Guelph mentor valued at $1,500 and space at 10 Carden valued at $450
- Guelph Young Workers Safety Initiative will receive $700 cash from The City of Guelph as well as 2 laptops, a desktop computer, 4 monitors and a projector valued at $1,692
- Interactive Community Services Map will receive $4,500 cash from The City of Guelph
- Park N Dance will receive $1,000 cash from the City of Guelph, a website + 1 year of hosting from Barking Dog Studios valued at $3,000, a logo and brochure design from The Letter M Marketing valued at $5,000, membership + space at 10 Carden valued at $1,320 , and mentorship with Gabrielle Clermont valued at $1,500
- ReSkilling our Community will get an Innovation Guelph mentor valued at $1,500 and space at 10 Carden valued at $450
- Shokran Canada was the winner of our “Elevator Community Prize” for being the top voted project in our Community Vote Process with $500 cash. They will also be receiving an additional $750 cash to get a membership at Ed Video and rent equipment. Ed Video has matched $500 in-kind on equipment rentals
- That’s My Business will receive 2 one hour consultations with a business coach and a workshop of their choice plus the opportunity to apply to Summer Company (which includes a shot at a $5,000 grant). All of this is courtesy of The Guelph Wellington Business Enterprise Centre
- The Golden Bus will receive $5,000 cash from The City of Guelph
- The Next 40 Years will get $1,200 cash from The City of Guelph
- The Seed POD will receive $5,000 cash from The City of Guelph
In case you weren’t counting along, that is $47,435 worth of investment into community-benefit projects in Guelph! A full 75% of our projects received resourcing this year.
A huge thanks for all of our Investors and all of our Idea Makers for making Round Three such a success!