So you’ve heard about this Elevator Project thing and you have an idea to make Guelph great. Welcome! By joining our league of Idea Makers, you are saying you want to improve the quality of life for all in Guelph. The Elevator Project is here to help you make the changes you want to see happen. So what now?
1. Identify as an Idea Maker. Fill out the quick form and tell us you want to be an Idea Maker. This will help us communicate with you better and to measure the impact The Elevator Project is having in our community. It’s fast, easy and completely painless – we promise!
2. Build your idea with our event series. The Elevator Academy program is specifically designed to help you plan your idea and make sure you are ready for your application.
3. Collaborate with others. Our Idea Maker Mingle events will introduce you to other Idea Makers in The Elevator Project community. Get inspired by the work of others and meet potential co-conspirators. See our Eventbrite page for event details.
4. Launch your project by submitting your application. Applications are due February 20th, 2015.
5. Participate in the Community Vote process March 9-13th, 2015. Vote for your five favourite projects.
6. Next our Community Panel will review all our applications and “mark” them according to our rubric during the month of March. You will receive details of your score from our Community Animator that you can use to further your project development.
7. Our Community Animator will be working during all of this to collect “investments” such as volunteer time, skills, mentorship, materials and funds from the community and then match them with the projects like yours in our Idea Bank.
8. Celebrate! At the end of the round (about mid-April) we get together for a big event called The Big Show where we celebrate all of our ideas and investors. It is at this event that we will announce which projects will be receiving what types of investment.